Sunday, June 6, 2010

1, 001 Days of Blatheration, Hatchetation, and Dry Heaves Chuckles

See, you should have set up the pool!  That last post was post number 1,000.  Driftglass is up to 2,500, and he has been posting substantial writing/opinion since 2005.  To misquote Shelley Berman, "I don't do that.  I just stand here."  My anniversary is the 29th, so that's not too bad.

Politically I haven't been saying much onaccountabecause:
  1. My screaming can only be heard by dogs;
  2. My blood pressure is already high enough (yes, I know, cut out the sodium and try to relax.  And quit thinking);
  3. There are days when the assumption that alien pods have taken over government is all that keeps me from various actions that might be characterized as "crazy" if one were being charitable;
  4. There is still the question of whether bin Laden has had to move out of the White House basement.
And personally, I have been very boring.  I'm reading David Copperfield, which has served to reacquaint me with an unfondness for the nineteenth century.  You know, the century the right wing reveres and would like to restore.  I'm procrastinating on everything including procrastination.  I'm thinking about right-wing beauty queens and why socialism replicates the history of Christianity and why the Church ended up imposing a rather authoritarian structure on a semi-anarchic religion (yes, the Roman paradigm, but not only the Roman paradigm), but ... the research.  (Or I could do the traditional Internet thing and make an incorrect statement. ;-))

Have a little Nina Simone for however long it's up, displaying piano skills and singing "Mood Indigo," which I never knew had words.

(My thanks to laughingrat at Dreamwidth for the term "hatchetation.")

2 comments:

lisahgolden said...

We are kindred spirits in our anxiety, our frustrations, our reading (okay, so I'm reading Dorothy Sayers mysteries, but still), our questions, our screaming and our procrastination.

Thank you for the chuckles which, in my case, it's a good thing to be dry. I know, TMI.

D. said...

Heh. You're certainly having an interesting life. I feel like going down your list of folks who should knock it off and thumping them individually with a wooden spoon.