Sunday, March 7, 2010

Lunchtime Links

Mills River Progressive's Anna is Angry:
Speaking for myself (and maybe you?) I am beyond angry - so far beyond angry I don't even know what to call it. But perhaps unlike you, I doubt very much the system we have now is fixable. It's a sad, pathetic charade; the desiccated, ghoulish remains of what used to be a semi-functional democracy (or a functional semi-democracy, depending on your viewpoint)
She goes on to quote Joe Bageant and John Cory (quote is from the latter):
When a compassionate conservative says, "Healthcare reform is socialism," why not answer, "No, sir it is the moral and American way to care for people."

Yes, I can hear it now: "You are naïve and simplistic. These are complicated matters and require sophisticated solutions. Democrats are a big tent and strive for balance. But Republicans block our path at every turn. We are thinking and considering new ways to work in harmony with everyone."

Bite me.

The only thing you get with "harmony" is a Barbershop Quartet.
(And the Four Tops and Boyz II Men, but I digress.)

Dave has what should be a completely normal experience at a hotel.

(Thank heaven Blogger saves things!)  Southern Beale on a curious programming choice.

I know I threatened promised to write more and have been filling postings since with links.  Also, I'm near my 900th post.  And I'm not sure how spring training is shaking out; I should check on that.  Metsgrrl's annoyance with the front office is paradoxically re-interesting me in the team; go figure.

Right now, though, my Muse (or whoever that is yelling "Get some fresh air, ya slob!" inside my head) is insistent that I take the camera and go get some pictures.  So.

No comments: