Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Light Programme

Please remove all beverages and food from the area and swallow anything in your mouth.  Twice.  Clear your nasal passages.  Your keyboard and screen will thank you.

Thank you.

An Englishman in New York.

In honor of fannish foreigners; why they haven't killed us, we'll never know...

Warning:  There is sexism.  British humor sexism, but sexism.

An excerpt:
Finally, I am out of the Death Zone and into the Zone Of Perpetual Terror. I've been drenched, burned, ridiculed, deafened and ran-over twice, but it's all worth it, because I now get to spend nine hours in constant fear of losing my job. In England, provided you're not in the service industry, it's ludicrously hard to get sacked. Americans, however, have this thing called At-Will Employment, which basically means that an employer can fire you if he's uncomfortable with the size of your eyebrows.

No comments: