Americans voting against their own interests--via the BBC.
"You vote to strike a blow against elitism and you receive a social order in which wealth is more concentrated than ever before in our life times, workers have been stripped of power, and CEOs are rewarded in a manner that is beyond imagining.
"It's like a French Revolution in reverse in which the workers come pouring down the street screaming more power to the aristocracy."
(Quote from Thomas Frank, who is cited in the second half of the article.)
2 comments:
I love that article. The French Revolution quote jumped out at me, too. You know, I stay away from politics on Facebook (mostly), but I had to link this article and I used that Thomas Frank quote in my status to get the attention of my friends.
It worked.
Hi!
Hi!
(I'm keeping up with you, the kids, MathMan, and the book; I'm just trying not to be distracting. Will grab RSS feed. Please return when life is calmer!)
Post a Comment