- Southern Beale on feeding birds, unemployment, and dishonest analogies:
Funnily enough, I happened to watch this video on the same day that I had gone down to my local retailer and picked up about 50 pounds of bird seed for my own feeders. So as I’m filling my feeders and hearing my avian friends chirp excitedly in the trees I thought to myself: you know what? I’ve been feeding birds in my backyard for years and I’ve just never had these problems. I don’t have bird nests in inappropriate places, nor is my patio covered in bird poop. And none of my birds have ever dive-bombed us when the feeders are low. Funnily enough, I just have never had this man’s experience with the local wildlife. I wonder why. Maybe, just maybe, this tortured analogy was pulled out of somewhere other than reality.
- Humor: via Just An Earth-bound Misfit, I, Occupy Docking Bay 94.
- Doghouse Riley on some talking heads and fracking.
I don't know any more about shale oil than Brooks does; I'm just honest, and poor, enough to know that when someone calls Effects "side-effects" you might look for a financial interest, and not be surprised to find one. We can't expect to solve, or even salve, real problems while virtual jabberers promote the opposite, and their fellows recommend splitting the difference.
- You're less likely to have an appetite after reading this blog; it's about food, written by a former executive of a large food corporation. Via The Sideshow, via Suburban Guerilla.
- Also, Those Masks, also via the Sideshow.
- Oh, and Andy Rooney died. As did Bob Forsch, pitcher for the St. Louis Cardinals.
"My hovercraft is full of eels." Political (Monty) Pythonist and baseball fanatic. Other matters as inappropriate.
Saturday, November 5, 2011
Saturday Afternoon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment